- LIGHTEN UP!
Maximizing health and well-being through a positive mental attitude.
Sandy Queen helps people take a better look at their lives through humor, laughter and play. She has developed many innovative programs in the areas of stress reduction, humor, childrens wellness and self-esteem.
Sandy is known throughout the U.S., Canada and Australia as a dynamic lecturer, humorist and educator with a special focus on children and those who work with children, but most importantly, a focus on the child within each of us.
- YOUVE GOT TO REACH THEM TO TEACH THEM
Most of us misunderstand the nature of well-being. For the most part, we operate as if wellness is a place to get to rather than come from. The truth is, a sense of well-being is a function of our ability to appreciate ourselves, develop an attitude of positive self-regard and from that, make positive choices to give the greatest chance for optimum living.
We are our own greatest hope for feeling great and promoting well-being physically, mentally and emotionally, as we take the wellness message home with us and effect change in our culture.
- FAMILY WELLNESS
Sandy Queen speaks from experience on many topics that affect the health of children, including:
The Child in a Stressful Environment
The Child and Sexuality
Wellness in the Classroom
Self-Esteem for Self Empowerment
The Parent-Teen (Dis)Connection
Drugs: Shortcut to Make-Believe Happiness
- National Wellness Conference
- Canadian Wellness Conference
- American Alliance of Physical Education, Health, Recreation and Dance
- YMCA National Leadership Conference
- National Conference on Aging
- Eastern District Region Conference on Fitness
- Kentucky Department of Health Conference
- Tennessee State Health Conference
- Arkansas State Health Conference
- Founder, Director, Lifeworks, Inc.
- Coordinator, Outreach Program, St. Joseph Hospital, Towson, MD
- East Coast Marketing Manager, Staffing Coordinator, National Medical Consultants, Kansas City, MO
- Towson State University, B.S. Psychology, Summa Cum Laude
- Maryland State Commission on Physical Fitness
- Maryland State Games Commission
- Board of Directors, Wellness Resources Institute, Atlanta, GA
- Wellness for Children: A Programming Guide
- Well and Wonderful Curriculum
Getting the Most from Your Physician
- Parents Can Help Their Children to Fitness